Monday, January 31, 2011

A Healthy Breakfast: Covering Your Nutritional Bases

This is a super quick, delicious and healthy breakfast to start your day off right. I have this smoothie almost every morning. It keeps me full, and makes me feel energized. It is loaded with anti-oxidants, vitamins A, C and K, iron and calcium! Plus, it is super yummy and so pretty. It is also a great way to get some extra greens into your diet.
Oatmeal is another great breakfast staple. I find I eat it a lot during the cold winter months, as it keeps my belly warm and full.
I hope you enjoy these recipes!

Purple Rain Smoothie


ingredients:
2 Bananas (peeled)
1/2 C. blueberries
1/4 C. raspberries
handful of kale leaves
1 Tbps. agave nectar
2 Tbsp. hemp protein powder
1 tsp. dulse granules (optional. I put this in for the additional iodine)
1/2 C. water

Instructions:
Place all ingredients in a blender on high. Pour into a glass, relax and enjoy.



Hall and Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1 C. oatmeal (which ever style you prefer. Steel cut, whole oats, quick oats, etc.)
1/4 C. Blueberries
1/4 C. Walnuts
2 Tbsp. Hemp seeds
2 Tbsp. Maple syrup

Instructions:

Cook oatmeal according to package instructions (this is different depending on the kind of oats you are using)
Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment