Monday, January 31, 2011

Days 10-12: Restoration

Hi everyone!

I hope you all like my new layout. It's cute and pink and makes you want to eat cup cakes..healthy ones of course!

I've never been happier for a Monday in all my life. I've never really had that "back to work" feeling for Mondays, because I've never had a 9-5 job-- I work almost every weekend. But I still have that restorative feeling that Monday brings. Sunday night is my chance to reflect on my weekend, and Monday morning is always a chance to start fresh.
This particular weekend did not go so well. I missed my green juice Saturday morning for the first time during this cleanse, and again on Sunday. For lunch on saturday I had a gluten-free black bean burrito from my favourite vegan cafe, but I forgot that it came with white rice. Broke the rules! And Sunday, I had a breakfast wrap from the same place, and totally forgot to ask for it to be gluten free. Saturday night Stefan and I went out to our favorite vegetarian bar and I had 2 glasses of non-organic red wine, and we split a plate of vegan nachos. Broke the rules again!
I felt like I was out of control- food wise. I did have some raw, whole foods though. I had a purple rain smoothie, an orange, and these spicy "cheddar" kale chips.



I am a potato chip and nacho fanatic. I get this from my mother. She's got quite the salt and vinegar tooth. These kale chips have replaced my chip addiction. they are crunchy and so so tasty. They can be pricey, and if you're like me and you don't have a dehydrator, then you're stuck paying $7 a bag. They are worth it though. In fact, I think I will have some now. mmm yum

Monday morning, I knew what I needed to do. I wanted to have a high raw day with some exercise thrown in. I feel like I've been going stir crazy in my apartment because it is so cold outside. So today I started my day with two glasses of green juice (sorry Stefan, I drank yours!) and a glass of warm water with lemon. I also went for a power walk/jog which I haven't done in ages. It felt really good, even though it was freezing this morning. I guess I forgot how relaxing walking can be. Usually when I go for a walk I take the dogs, and they are not the most well behaved on a leash, especially if another dog walks by.

When I got home I did some yoga and had a spinach smoothie, with banana, blueberries, ground flax seed, hemp powder and a little squirt of agave.


Some of you may add vegan milk or yogurt to your smoothies, but I always add water. I find the hemp powder gives it a yummy creamy flavor.

Lunch today was just a simple salad with romaine, shaved beets, carrots, scallions, hemp seeds, udo's dha oil and gomashio.



Don't you love my cute little eco lunch box? I got it at the health food store. It is stainless steel, and that means no evil BPA! It also came with a little cup. They call it the yogurt cup, but I call it my dressing cup.

Dinner tonight was very scumpditlyumptious! I made a Cauliflower Quinoa Curry (will post recipe after). Very warming and filling for those of you who live in a freezing snow covered area.
I had two bowls full, and I was also sneaking bites out the pot later on.

Overall I think today was much better. Eating all of that clogging food over the weekend made me appreciate all the whole, cleansing food I have been eating, and has rejuvenated my enthusiasm for my adventure cleanse. I know if Kris Carr was here right now, she would tell me to giggle and move on. And That's what I'm doing. hehehe.

Lots of love and raw veggies!
-Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment