Monday, January 31, 2011

February Reading

Throughout January, I've picked up some great books at new and used bookstores, and I'm very excited to read all of them.





And a few DVD's as you can see.

Green for life is all about the benefits of greens and especially green smoothies. Right up my alley, and I hope yours!

I decided to buy a yoga book and dvd focusing on the back. I don't have debilitating or severe back pain by any means, but my shoulders do ache a lot. They always feel very tense and I get lots of knots there. I'm hoping these will help. I also have bad posture (as my mother loves to tell me) and Yoga poses that focus on strengthening the back muscles will help with this. I think it's partially from years of studying and being hunched over books and my laptop.

As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to get more into meditation. I've signed up for Deepak Chopra's guided meditations, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I bought this book on meditation because I figured if I was a little more knowledgeable about the benefits of meditation, I would be more likely to do it. We'll see.

I was super excited to find Kris Car's "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer Survivor" at Chapters on the weekend. I haven't seen it anywhere before. now I have all three! I finished reading "Crazy, Sexy, Diet" and I'm working my through "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer Tips". Even though I don't have cancer, and I'm not planning on getting cancer! I'm finding it very inspiring and the health tips are really great.
I already have "Ani's Raw Food Essentials", which is really great, but I wanted here earlier book. And just by browsing through the recipes in this one, I fell like it is the better book, especially in its layout. But, I haven't actually made anything from it yet, so I'll get back to you on that.

What's on your February reading list?

Can you give me any recommendations?

I'd love to hear from fellow bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment