Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 3 Adventure Cleanse, Plus new raw recipes!

Day three was another great day. I've only been feeling the positive effects of detox-- high energy, clear mind, improved mood. I think it is all the raw food I've been eating, and of course the liquid love every morning, my beloved green juice. Even Stefan is drinking it and loving it. And the dogs are loving the pulp I've been adding to their food. On a side note, both of my dogs are vegan! I make their food and all three of us love it. They think they are getting people food all the time, and I can rest assured knowing that they are getting the best quality food, and not the kibble crap from a bag. In addition to the all the yummy, clean food, I've also been dry brushing before every shower and bath, and I've also been adding baking soda to my baths. It helps draw out toxins from the body, and it makes your skin feel so smooth. I'm still not exercising enough, but my 21 day yoga challenge starts tomorrow. That ought to get my tushie in gear!

Day 3 eats:

Breakfast:
you guessed it, green juice!
As well as some freshly squeezed OJ at the farmer's market

Lunch:
out for lunch again today, but this time at a not-so-vegan friendly place. I was stuck having a regular old greens salad with tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and a not so great balsamic dressing. Eating at home is way more fun!

Dinner:


I wanted something hearty, but still partially raw, so I had brown rice pasta (gluten free!) and a spicy, raw tomato sauce. I came up with this recipe on the spot, and it was very yummy, if I say so myself. (recipe to follow)

Snacks:
1 slice of brown rice (gluten free) toast with earth balance vegan butter (not very cleansing, I know)
1 banana
2 raw chocolate strawberry tarts. (recipe to follow). I freakin love these!! Again, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but this recipe I came up with is so delicious. And if consumed in moderation, can be part of my cleanse. They are lightly sweetened with agave, and have no flour or added sugar. Just raw veggies, nuts, and super-food goodness. I know i said last post that I was planning on making macaroons, but I decided to make these instead. They are tastier, in my opinion.


src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgXacTlUd0XjyxhRR5eUHq3nuKCQEf2CQOXffXg4kD18m2AKtQ00BPvJ5WsbHo9JIMBq8Y9_bcpgn5rVbAfzigQ3S6Br2Nr9NfkiGVj8vQrD5PJPA1Bf2rj9LrxzwYBY594S2xyZiCuXywG/s320/IMG_0089.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5560375694577852338" a>

I went to the health food store and picked up some gluten free grub and raw goodies. I was craving bread, so I needed something.



- Brown rice bread. (Didn't have the same texture as regular whole wheat bread, but I still really liked it)
- Brown rice pasta (Better that whole wheat! Same texture, but doesn't make you feel like you ate a truck afterward)
- raw rutabaga crackers
- raw almond butter
- raw cacao powder (who doesn't love chocolate?)
- unsweetened shredded coconut (Not sure if this was raw or not. Didn't say on the package)
- gluten free oats. I'm addicted to oatmeal. I might treat myself to a bowl of my hall and oatmeal (see earlier post) later this week.

That's all for now! See you tomorrow with day 4.
Here's something to leave you feeling relaxed and snuggly :)



Hugs and Veg,
Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment