Monday, January 31, 2011

Fun Food Day with new recipes! Day 6 of Adventure Cleanse

Day 6 was my super fun food day because I am on a juice fast day today for day 7. I don't even feel that hungry or tired! It's great. but we'll talk about that in the next post.

I love to eat, and i do it constantly throughout the day, so I decided to make fun foods the day before the fast. Don't fret, these foods are still cleanse approved! aka, no gluten, sugar, coffee, processed junk, or white stuff. Not a whole lot of raw today though.

The goods:

Breakfast:

green juice and Mochi waffles with berry sauce and sliced bananas


If you haven't tried mochi before, try it! It is super delicious and versatile. I used the plain kind for my waffles.


Mochi is a rice cake that you can cook in different ways. I like to slice it and put it in my waffle iron for super quick, healthy, no clean-up waffles. You can also bake it in the oven or pan fry it for croutons, or just something to nibble on. The cinnamon raisin kind is really good too.

Berry Sauce:
1 cup wild blueberries ( I used frozen because they aren't in season)
1/2 cup raspberries
drizzle of agave

If using frozen berries, allow them to thaw. Mash up berries with a drizzle of agave and pour over waffles, pancakes etc.

Lunch:


homemade guacamole with raw rutabaga crackers.

ingredients:
- avocado
- 1/4 red onion, minced fine
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine, crushed, or grated (my favourite)
- pinch of sea salt

Mash everything together in a bowl and eat!
Great with raw veggies, crackers, tortilla chips, or on sandwiches

Spinach Salad in my super cute stainless steel eco-lunchbox.



Dinner:

I've been buying Ezekiel sprouted products for a while, but I just discovered these little gems in the freezer section of my health-food store. So, of course I had to try them!



My Triple Decker Vegan Tostadas! These are to live for. Seriously, you have to try these.


Makes 4 Tostadas

Ingredients:

1 package Ezekiel brand sprouted corn tortillas, thawed.
1 can black beans or black soy beans
1/2 cup corn kernels (frozen, or sliced off the cob)
1/2 white onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed, minced or grated
1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp coriander seed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 avocado, mashed
1.5 cups salsa (homemade or store-bought)
4 romaine leaves, sliced thinly or shredded
1 cup vegan cheese (daiya is best)

To make bean mixture:
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent.
Add beans and corn. Cook until heated through.
Add cumin and coriander, and mash the mixture.

To assemble:
Spread bean mixture over 4 tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Add another tortilla on top.
Spread avocado on top of that tortilla. Add salsa and romaine on top.
Add another tortilla on top.
Spread another dollop of salsa on top, and sprinkle with cheese.

Put the tostadas under the broiler until cheese melts.

Grab some napkins, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment