Monday, February 28, 2011

Week In Review Feb21-27/11 plus my new strength training routine



Hi Everyone!
I've decided to do a "Week in Review" Post every week so I can keep track of what exercise I've done, and to give you guys ideas and motivation for your fitness routines!
I've also put myself on a training plan for a 10 km race. I"m on week two now. So far so good! Although yesterday I had my worst run since I was a beginner. My legs felt like they had lead in them, and I felt exhausted from the moment I left my apartment. I was supposed to run 6.5 km but I ended up running 4. Oh well. Everyone has an off day.


I've also put together a new strength routine that I plan on doing 3-4 days per week.
  1. 20 min resistance training circuit  at gym (For you GoodLifer's out there it's the 20 min fit fix.  covers all major muscle groups)
  2. Runner's core stability workout (check out videos here)
  3. Flat Ab workout (click here to see workout)
  4. 10 crunches on stability ball, 3 reps
  5. 10 back crunches on stability ball, 3 reps
  6. walking lunges with 10 lbs kettle bells, 20 reps


Week in review:

Run:  22.51 km total
1 hour yoga class
2 strength training days
missed my spin class :(



 How often do you do strength training?

What do you do when your exercise schedule doesn't go according to plan? 

-Deni 

No comments:

Post a Comment