I've decided to do a "Week in Review" Post every week so I can keep track of what exercise I've done, and to give you guys ideas and motivation for your fitness routines!
I've also put myself on a training plan for a 10 km race. I"m on week two now. So far so good! Although yesterday I had my worst run since I was a beginner. My legs felt like they had lead in them, and I felt exhausted from the moment I left my apartment. I was supposed to run 6.5 km but I ended up running 4. Oh well. Everyone has an off day.
I've also put together a new strength routine that I plan on doing 3-4 days per week.
- 20 min resistance training circuit at gym (For you GoodLifer's out there it's the 20 min fit fix. covers all major muscle groups)
- Runner's core stability workout (check out videos here)
- Flat Ab workout (click here to see workout)
- 10 crunches on stability ball, 3 reps
- 10 back crunches on stability ball, 3 reps
- walking lunges with 10 lbs kettle bells, 20 reps
Week in review:
Run: 22.51 km total
1 hour yoga class
2 strength training days
missed my spin class :(
How often do you do strength training?
What do you do when your exercise schedule doesn't go according to plan?