Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Job and Dog Scares

Hello everyone!
My apologies for not posting lately, but it has been a hectic week. My dog Chero ate a pair of my nylons and we had to take him to the emergency vet. he was sick for 4 days before and we didn't know what was wrong with him. He stopped eating and drinking and wouldn't even go on his walks. We knew something was seriously wrong, so we took him to the emergency vet on the weekend. Luckily he didn't have to have surgery.  He stayed at the vet's over night and had IV fluids because he was very dehydrated. In the morning, the vet called to say that he had passed the nylons in the morning. Thank-God! Now that he is okay and at home safe and sound, I have to figure out how I am going to pay this vet bill. Someone paid it for me and I am paying them back.



I felt so bad leaving him there. He must had been so scared. I adopted him from a shelter, so he is very sensitive to kennels and does not like to be separated from us. He came out from out the whole ordeal with a pretty pink bandage!

The other sad part of this story is that I had to sell some of my books so I could by food this week!
These are the babies I lost this week.
So sad. But I'd rather have my best friend with me and not have these books. I still have plenty left, and I didn't even have to touch my cook book section. Phew!

Ok, so on to the good news! I have just been hired at our local juice bar, Thrive! Lots of smoothies, juice and yummy vegan eats.



I had my first shift on Monday, and I LOVED it! Getting paid to make delicious juices and smoothies for people all day long? Sign me up! Plus, we get to try a spoonful of each smoothie before we sell it to the customer, just to make sure it tastes alright.  And it's a nice treat for us too! It's going to be easy staying healthy at that job.

and in case you were wondering, it is affiliated with Brendan Brazier. Check out his books "Thrive Diet" and "Thrive Fitness" if you haven't already. He's a professional iron man triathlete and he's 100% vegan! He also eats a lot of raw foods as well. The books are great for everyone, not just athletes. Plus there are lots of yummy recipes. Try the raw burgers, they are awesome. I'll do a post on them soon.

Gotta run! Off to work (at the book store this time). Check back soon for Italian night with the Fit Fun Vegan!

Hugs and avocado smoothies!
Deni

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your dog is ok. Growing up with dogs, we had dogs to the doggie ER for eating tampons, pincushion and rocks. Fortunately it always worked out. Dogs are silly but worth every penny :) Have fun at your new job, that sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your new job.

    Glad to hear Chero is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey rob! He's back to his regular self. Always getting into trouble.

    ReplyDelete