Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pizza Quesadillas for One

Every time I work out, I craze carbs immediately after. And a lot of times, I want unhealthy carbs like fries and pizza. Instead of heading out for a store bought vegan pizza, I made a healthier version at home.

Pizza Quesadillas for One

Ingredients:
2 sprouted whole wheat tortillas
4 tbs pizza sauce (store bought or homemade)
1/2 c daiya cheese
2 handfuls of salad greens (I used spinach and arugula)
1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
sliced red onion, however much you want
1 tbs dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Heat a large skillet over medium heat
Spread sauce on one tortilla. Top with cheese, greens, veggies and spices. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top, so the top tortilla sticks.
Add on the second tortilla
Place the pizza in the skillet and place a cast iron skillet on top
Check the bottom after a few minutes, Flip when browned and slightly crispy. Wait until the other side is browned and then enjoy!

Serve with tofutti non-hydrogenated sour cream or salsa.  It's good on its own too.

3 comments:

  1. Love this recipe. Very creative and sounds like it would be enjoyable for non-vegan friends too which is a bonus for entertaining. ha. I'm going to try this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lindsay! I hope you like it. They are super tasty, and impossible to mess up. My kind of recipe :) and thanks for following my new blog. So glad to have you as a reader. Your stir-fry looks tasty by the way! I love sesame seeds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love getting ideas from blogs. can't beat it! ;)

    ReplyDelete